Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to All...

Today is Mother's day and it is a happy time and sad time for me. I am so blessed to be the mother of two of the greatest kids in the world. Peachy, our daughter, is married to The Car Nut and they are both holding down jobs and going to college. Which I'm told is hard after being out for many years. She has turned into the strongest, most driven woman I know. She holds down a stressful job where she is loved and respected by many. She is involved in her church and loves the Lord. No babies yet but when the time is right they will know. Our son, Preacher Man, has become a delightful man who loves God, his family, his church and me! He and Gracious Lady have graced me with 3 of the most delightful grand babies in this world. I cannot agree more with the millions of others who say it is the greatest joy you can receive.

My mother passed away 21 years ago. She died from Leukemia the day after we buried our oldest son who died from an epileptic seizure. It was one of the deepest valleys I have ever walked through, but I found God's grace was even in that deep valley. So every year I go through this mixed emotion of joy and sadness, but I also know that I will see my momma again in Heaven. I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful Mother's Day celebration.

2 comments:

M_Finney0323 said...

Hey Jeannie! I'm loving this blog thing! I can keep up with you!! We'll see you tonight, and we're praying for you!!!

Unknown said...

Mom, you have no idea how much I love you. when I was sick on Saturday, the car nut asked me what I needed and I told him you!

your blog looks beautiful and I hope that you find it much easier to manage than the website.

i just want you to know how much I admire you! You have helped dad with this ministry and this family and you know that we would fall apart without you.

I love you tons!!!

Peachey (aka sister P)