Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day...

Today is Father’s Day and I want to encourage you to call or go see your daddy if you can. It’s so true that you don’t miss what you have until you don’t have it anymore…
I never knew my father very well but God blessed me with the absolute greatest father-in-law around! I think God looked around and said, ‘Okay, The Girls gonna need someone like him to help her out.” and gave me his sweet son, AKA; the Big Guy, so I could have a daddy.

Truthfully, when I first met my husband’s father I thought they were all really weird! I mean, they told each other they loved each other and even hugged!!!! I’d never seen this and it was a real eye opener to me. Then I watched Big Daddy as he lived a Christian life before me, showing me what a real father was like. He became a reflection of what God is to me as HIS child. Then when The Big Guy and I began our family I was so proud that he was just like his daddy. It’s like they say, “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.”

I do believe that for some people the way we view our earthly father has a lot to do on how we view our Heavenly Father. Some people can only see God as a vengeful, hateful and controlling God that’s out to get them, which makes them small, bitter, fearful and lonely Christian. While others see a God who loves and cherishes them and wants to see them grow into strong, useful, helpful Christians. I’ve seen both sides and I prefer to see God as a Father who loves me and yet corrects me when I do bad so I can become a better person and Christian to lead others to HIM.

So go call your daddy and tell him you love him. If you can see him, even better, hug his neck and thank him for being your father and teaching you all you know.




That's "our" dad without the hat. Love ya, Big Daddy.

No comments: